The warranty covers parts and materials with abnormal operation or manufacturing defects, including the replacement or repair of the part recognised as defective, at the discretion of DIRNA BERGSTROM. The warranty does not cover any transport cost or the cost of gas charges. It does not include the labour for replacing parts, except for the case of Parking Cooler (see next paragraph).
Warranty period in accordance with product type
1. Pre-charged electrical air conditioning systems used as Parking Cooler (for driver rest periods in the cabin of a truck with the engine turned off): 24 months from the issue date of the DIRNA BERGSTROM delivery note or invoice. This is the only case in which the warranty includes labour for part replacement. This applies solely and exclusively to the time indicated in the current repair times table and the defined hourly rate. It does not include any call-out or travel costs.
2. Electrical air conditioning systems for heavy duty applications and any split type electrical air conditioning systems: 12 months from the issue date of the DIRNA BERGSTROM delivery note or invoice.
3. Components and kits of several air conditioning components (e.g. evaporators, condensers, heaters, evaporator and condenser kits, T-range products): 12 months from the issue date of the DIRNA BERGSTROM delivery note or invoice.
In all cases, acceptance of the warranty is subject to approval by DIRNA BERGSTROM's Technical Department.
The installer/seller will be answerable before the customer or user for ensuring that the installation has been carried out strictly in line with the instructions in the equipment's assembly documents, and that the user is given the warranty card, duly filled out, and the guide for using and maintaining the unit.
Exclusion of warranty
The warranty will not be valid in the following cases:
1. Inappropriate use of the unit. In particular, the warranty does not cover the following applications (this list is not exclusive):
a. Using Parking Cooler equipment (models such as Compact, SlimFIT, LITE, Dinamic) in vehicles which are used for off road applications where the equipment is exposed to vibrations, bangs or tilts (e.g. agricultural machinery, construction and mining vehicles and similar).
b. Using in saline or chemically aggressive environments.
c. Cleaning with high-pressure equipment and/or use of detergents.
2. Modifications or replacements in the equipment without express authorisation by DIRNA BERGSTROM.
3.Installation, handling or repair of the equipment or its parts by personnel not authorised by DIRNA BERGSTROM.
The CUSTOMER must send the part subject of complaint to DIRNA BERGSTROM, c/ Francisco Alonso, 6, E-28806 Alcalá de Henares (MADRID, Spain), with carriage paid.
Before sending the part, the CUSTOMER requires written acceptance from DIRNA BERGSTROM; moreover, the part must be sent with the form "Shipment authorisation" (see Chapter "RETURN OF MATERIAL”). The part will also be accompanied by a copy of the Dirna Bergstrom delivery note or invoice and the serial number of the unit as well as a description of the observed defect. Once DIRNA BERGSTROM's Technical Service accepts the validity of the warranty, the piece will be replaced FREE OF CHARGE. This may be the repaired part or a new part, in accordance with the criteria of DIRNA BERGSTROM's Technical Department. DIRNA BERGSTROM will issue the corresponding credit note whenever labour is included. CUSTOMER invoices for this concept will not be accepted.
If you have any doubt don't hesitate to contact us today!