Your privacy is important to us
Bergstrom Inc. respects your privacy. This policy discloses Bergstrom’s privacy practices for your information collected online.
While Bergstrom strives to take reasonable measures to protect your information, this policy is not a contract and does not create any legal rights or obligations. Rather, the following are guidelines for protecting your information. By using any of our sites and/or our services or otherwise providing us with any information, you consent to the handling of your information as described in this policy.
Scope of this policy
This policy applies to the information that we collect about you on any Bergstrom website in which it is posted, which include the following situations:
·On Bergstrom-managed websites and mobile websites including, for example, bergstrominc.com, kysorhvac.com, dirna.com, bergstromchina.com, bergstromeurope.com;
·Through Bergstrom-managed mobile applications, such as the Bergstrom NITE® app.
In addition this policy does not apply to any site not owned and managed by Bergstrom. Please see those respective sites for the privacy policies that may apply.
Information we collect about you
Bergstrom collects and maintains information, including personal information, about you directly from you, automatically when you use our sites. The type of information we collect about you depends on your particular interaction with us, and may include, but not limited to, the following information:
·Online forms, comments, question inquiries
·Payment information (i.e., credit card information);
·User and activity data from our sites and applications;
Information we collect directly from you
Examples of types of information we collect directly from you are described below.
If you make a purchase with us on the Kysor Distributor website, we collect information about you, including but not limited to name, company, and payment information.
Information we collect automatically
We and our third party service providers may automatically collect information about your use of our sites through cookies, web beacons, log files and other technologies. Such information includes but is not limited to, the following:
·Browser type and operating system;
·Web pages you view;
·Links you click;
·Length of time of your visit;
·Your activities on our sites including movement through these sites; and
·Referring URL or webpage that led you to our sites.
We and our third party service providers may combine this information with information that we (or they) already have collected about you.
Bergstrom and our third party service providers collect information by using technologies and methodologies, such as "cookies”, tags, web beacons or other similar technologies that enable tracking as you browse our sites. We use these technologies that enable tracking as you browse our sites. We use these technologies to authenticate you as a user, to remember your preferences for using the site, to present offers that may be of interest and to facilitate transactions, such as purchases on the Kysor Distributor website. We and our third party service providers also use these tools to analyze use of our sites and our services. We may use this information in the aggregate or combine it with information that we have already collected about you.
Cookie. "Cookies” are small bits of information that are stored on your computer by your web browser. Web beacons or "pixel tags” are small strings of code placed on a web page or in an email message for the purpose of transferring information. Cookies and other technologies discussed in this section allow us to recognize your preference information, to track your transactions and to facilitate effective website administration.
How we use your information
We primarily use your information, including personal information, to provide our services to you and to fulfill your requests. We may combine your information with other information that we have about you, that is publicly available and/or that we have obtained from third parties (either individually or in the aggregate). We also may use your information for the following purposes:
- To improve your user experience.To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you; to offer customized location information, personalized help and instructions; and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using our sites or services.
- For marketing and advertising.Bergstrom may use your information, individually, in the aggregate, and/or combined with demographic information that we maintain or collect from third parties, for marketing and advertising purposes (via email, direct mail, telephone, web or other electronic advertising) and to send you news and newsletters. Specifically, we may use the information that we collect about you to send you email, direct mail, or telephone communications about information that might be of interest to you. We may also use your information to determine appropriate advertising channels and venues and to place ads on such channels and venues, including placing advertising on social networking sites.
- For surveys and promotions.From time to time, we may offer you the opportunity to participate in a survey or promotion. We use survey results for various purposes, including to enhance our services and sites and to develop improved promotions, and, if you provide your name, we may contact you to discuss your comments. Unless otherwise stated in the promotion or survey, we use the contact information that we collect through promotions for the purpose of notifying the winner. If you win a promotion, we may request additional information (e.g., social security number for income tax purposes depending on the prize).
- To improve and maintain our sites and our services.We use your information to improve and maintain our sites and services, respond to user desires and preferences, for other research and analytical purposes, and for security purposes, including, but not limited to, protecting ourselves and users of our services.
- To protect our rights and interests, and the rights and interests of other users of our services.
- As permitted by law.
If you are a Kysor distributor, you can create, view or update your account by emailing customer care at email@example.com.
Bergstrom maintains physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your information. When you place orders online to purchase products, we use secure servers to protect your personal information, which is intended to encrypt the personal information that is transmitted between you and our sites. Although Bergstrom takes reasonable steps to safeguard and to prevent unauthorized access to your personal information, it cannot be responsible for the acts of those who gain unauthorized access and Bergstrom makes no warranty, express, implied, or otherwise, that we will prevent unauthorized access to your personal information.
If a third party, including but not limited to a family member, friend, or co-worker seeks to transact business with Bergstrom on your behalf, that party will be asked to provide us with the same personal information we would collect directly from you online to complete your transaction. Please note that the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by a third party is subject to your dealings with them and, if applicable, any of their privacy policies and practices. If you do not want an individual to obtain information on or make changes to your orders, you should not share your user ID and password information with them or save this information through your browser.
To protect your privacy and Bergstrom’s proprietary databases and systems, you should not share any of your information, such as your user ID or password on the Kysor Distributor website, with any unauthorized individuals or third-party information aggregators that would allow them access to your sensitive account information. You should also take all necessary steps to secure your mobile devices and protect information you may have stored on them. We do not have control over the security of your mobile device. Bergstrom assumes no responsibility for the loss of information associated with security disrupting technologies, including but not limited to reverse engineering of mobile device applications or malware, that compromise the NITE® mobile application(s) as a result of owner or third-party initiated changes to the mobile device. The security of that mobile device is the responsibility of its owner, not Bergstrom.
Kysor distributors can opt out of receiving marketing or promotion-related emails or direct mail from Bergstrom by emailing Kysor customer service at CustomerService@kysorhvac.com. Regardless of your opt-out preferences, we reserve the right to send you emails or other communications for administrative purposes.
Our sites and our online services may contain links to third party sites. Any access to and use of such linked sites is not governed by this policy but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party sites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party sites.
(Last modified: December 02, 2015)